HEADSHOTS! HEADSHOTS! WHO NEEDS A HEADSHOT?
Question is, do you NEED a professional headshot?
Let’s be honest, many of you might need one, but you dread having your picture taken. A good professional photographer knows how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera AND as a result, will get a great shot of you every time.
So here is the criteria I suggest using when you are contemplating whether or not to update your headshot:
1) Is your current head shot more than two years old? If so, it is time. If it’s over 5 years old, it’s DEFINITELY time.
2) Does it look like you currently do (haircut, weight loss or gain, etc.)?
3) Do YOU like the style of your headshot?
4) Does it convey the image you want it to for your current business?
If your answer to any of the last three questios is NO, you need a new headshot!
In today’s environment, it is more important than ever to have a good professional headshot. The saying, “It’s important to make a good first impression,” certainly applies in this virtual world of working from home and Zoom meetings.
As you know, people like to do business with people they know. Crazy as it sounds, people feel as though they know you from your headshot. So if you want to make a good first impression, a professional headshot should be in your future.
So is it time to consider having a new one? Here are the things you should do in choosing a professional photographer:
1) Visit their website to check out headshots they have done. Determine if you like their work.
2) Complete on online “contact us” form or call the photographer and discuss your wants and needs.
3) Have a Zoom or phone consultation prior to scheduling the photo shoot so you and the photographer have a clear concept of what you are looking for and plan accordingly.
4) Schedule the appointment. Come on, you can do it!
If you question the cost of a really good headshot, consider this. The number of places a headshot can be used together with the number of times people (potential clients) will see them and the number of years you will use them, the actual cost is very minimal. Headshots are used for our careers, social media, website, presentations, dating apps and more. Make the investment today to put the best “YOU” out there for your target audience, you will be glad you did!
If you are ready for your new headshot, and hit “BOOK NOW”
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER and CEO of Red Door Pictures, Inc. All rights reserved